www.flickr.com

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Second Day (War On Mumbai)

An hour or so ago there was news about fresh firing at the CST railway station. But the authorities have confirmed that it was just a rumor and nothing actually had happened. To prevent spread of panic all news channels in Mumbai has been blocked. But, I can still watch them on the internet. As most of the channels provide live feed on their respective websites. The softwares like 'LiveStation' also have feeds from the news channels.

Last night had been a sleepless night for me. I was tired and wanted to sleep but was not able to. So, I went back to the common TV room and as I had expected, there were a number of people in the room glued to the news channels. The security forces had rescued some people from the Nariman House. NSG had still not taken the control of the building. There was another operation going on in the Oberoi hotel where the floors were being cleared from the top. The drama continued for a long time and it was 3:00 am when I finally decided to go to sleep.

Today morning I got up by a call from my aunt and uncle. I asked them what the situation was? They told me that the NSG forces were dropped onto the Nariman House via a chopper. I got up and went straight to the TV room to find out the condition. The operation was still on. The police said there was altleast on terrorist in the Taj and number of people still in the hotel although not as hostage. The police have now confirmed that the Oberoi hotel operation has been completed. About 108 hostages have been rescued from the Oberoi. The gun shots can still be heard from inside the Taj. The battle there still continues. I just hope that it will get over soon.

No comments: