www.flickr.com

Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Rankings...

I read in "The Google Story" that most of us at some point of time have tried a search on our names on the internet. I also tried to search for Shishir Pandey on various search engines. Its good to see this blog ranked second on Google (subject to change without notice, it might have changed as I write this). A few days ago it was on rank one in Google search but I did not take the screen shot of it then. I hope it will get back there some time soon. I also tried the search on Yahoo and this blog is ranked one there (YAHOOOOOOOO0000!!!!!!!!). I also tried other search engines like windows live search and ask.com there results were bad.


I attach the two screen shots of results from google and yahoo..


My%20Rankings My%20Rankings1



From today I shall start using Yahoo as my preferred search engine..

6 comments:

Shashi Singh said...

Huh...! I was facing an Issue and posted a question on ASP.NET forums. Since I was not getting any response, I googled and the first result which came was the one which I had posted an hour back :( .

maheepmandloi said...

hey.... use the right keywords, and you'll always see your blog on the top.

Shishir Pandey said...

Right key words might lead straight to this blog but, I just wanted to search myself on the net and not my blog. Wanted to see which link returns a link to anything related to me...

Gina said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

For more fun (and despair), try Google 2001 index here:- http://www.google.com/search2001.html

Shishir Pandey said...

Thanks for the link, "Anonymous".

Rankings are not so good. I do not think that I had anything on the net excepting a web page on tripod.com

And that page no more exists.