www.flickr.com

Friday, April 11, 2008

Rules are made to help governance

At my home we have a kind of rule that we can have breakfast only after having the bath.
The incident I am going to tell about happened when I was in college and had gone home during the semester break.

I got up late and was feeling hungry. I was ready to have my breakfast when my sisters objected and said I could eat only after having bath, as they were not allowed in such a scenario. At that time my father took my side and said this amazing line.

“Rules are made to help governance, not to govern.”

Come to think of it. Isn't it a beautiful thought?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wise man, your father. I don't like the rule, but like the idea of governing versus governance.

travel food and living said...

How a fridge helps me cook better.

well...I can keep all the items for a longer time I get from other cities inside the fridge...cheese is one such item...and some veggies also...not only this I can keep frozen meat and fried fish...so that helps me in cooking alot of things I used to...